Christmas Carols will be held on the school oval tonight Tuesday December 3.
Year 2 will be first on the stage and the festivities start at 6.30pm.
Please make yourselves comfortable with your picnic rug and camp chairs.
Our friends across the road at the fish and chip shop and pizza shop will be ready to take orders, but please be patient as they will have many orders tonight!
We encourage everyone (students included) to dress festively and bring your singing voices!
Step up into our new classes commences this week. We are all very excited!
For your information, we will have our students stepping up into their next year level class during the following times.
- Thursday December 5– 12:30 – 2:10pm
- Friday December 6 – 9:00 – 11:30am – (Please refer to our message about lunch orders).
- Monday December 9 – 12:30 – 2:10pm
- Tuesday December 10 – 9:00am – 3:30pm
With the upcoming step up and transition programs running, we have a special request to families from the canteen.
To ensure that your child receives their lunch order delivery in the correct classroom please remember to put the name / number of the classroom that your child is expected to be in when they receive their lunch order, this way the canteen staff can endeavour to get your child’s freshly made lunch straight to them.
Prep – 2 swimming lost property
If anyone feels they may have lost anything whilst swimming at Eltham Leisure centre during our swimming program, please stop by the table that has been set up between Monique’s classroom and the art room.
Our teachers have been lovingly collecting any found items and storing them here for safe keeping until we can re-unite them with their owners.
Uniforms and lost property
Very shortly, all of our school families will be assessing their children’s growth spurts and their requirements for new uniforms. It can be heart breaking to see the amount of almost brand new pieces of clothing that come through lost property that cannot be identified and returned to its owner in a timely manner.
One way to rectify this is to ensure that clothing is clearly named before your child even wears it to school. Iron on labels are available via many online providers, or alternatively a tube of puff fabric paint is another easy way to personalise and identify your child’s belongings. A big bright puff paint name on the inside brim of a hat makes it identifiable by even the youngest of children, it can also make a great holiday art activity.
If you ever need to have a look in lost property, it is now located near the gym. Just follow the ramp to the bottom and there are some labelled cupboards in the alcove.
Morrison Kleeman Colouring Competition
We are one of 5 lucky school communities to be selected by Morrison Kleeman Estate Agents for a Christmas Colouring in Competition!
We will have 2 prize winners from our school with a very generous prize for our winning students.
Junior school prize is a Micro Sprite Scooter – https://www.microscooters.com.au/products/micro-sprite-kids-scooter-purple
Our Senior School prize is a VX7 Pro Scooter – http://www.maddgear.com/vx7-pro-scooter.html
Things you need to know:
- Competition closes (all entries must be received at the school office ) Tuesday December 10th
- Competition Winners Announced via email and social media Thursday December 12th
Colour fun run
This year Montmorency South Primary School Colour Explosion Run is being held on Friday 13th December.
For participation, please remember this is a 2 step process:
- Consent to participate needs to be provided either electronically via Compass, or in writing using the downloadable consent form available on Compass by Tuesday December 10.
- A donation of $5-$10 is required for participation in this event – this can now only be done by delivering cash directly to the office.
Exciting news! The MSPS Fete is happening! It will be here at the school on Sunday March 15th 2020 – put it in your calendars now! This will be the biggest event our school has held in a decade. The aim is to bring the school community and local community together, showcase our amazing new facilities, and make sure everyone has fun! The Fete will include rides, live music, multicultural foods, games, entertainment, dunk tank and much more. Here’s the best bit: every single class will be involved on the day.
We are also excited to make this event as sustainable as possible – and our first project is to sew a whopping 500 reusable bags in collaboration with Boomerang Bags for visitors to buy and decorate on the day. The material kits are ready to be sewed, you can pick them up from school foyer. Upon completion, please return to the school office.
The second project is collecting items (books, toys and clothes) for a preloved stall during the Fete. Should you have any items to donate, please place in the collection boxes are located in the school foyer.
There are many ways that you can take part in the Fete – if you have a specific idea that will utilise your skills, please email email@example.com.
Monday afternoon chess club is back for term 1 in 2020!
Held at MSPS, the 1 hour sessions will be held on a Monday afternoon at 3.30pm from February 3 through until March 23.
The cost is $160 (inc gst) per child and students can now be easily enrolled online at: https://ku.zone/management/programs/program_timetable/727?collapse=1&frame=weekday
Tuesday 3 December
- ***NEW DATE*** Christmas Carols 6.30pm
- P & F Christmas raffle is drawn at the carols
Wednesday 4 December
- CHANGE OF DATE
Carols by candlelight 6:30pm– Rescheduled to Tuesday 3rd Dec
- Special Assembly – 2.45pm Assembly with Vicki Ward – Presentation of David McKenzie Award & Premiers Reading Challenge – Final Wednesday afternoon assembly for the year.
- P – 2 Mini Olympics
Thursday 5 December
- Step up program (session 4 & 5)
Friday 6 December
- 9am – 11.30am prep 2020 transition
- Step up program (session 1, 2 & 3)
- Pop up uniform shop – will have stock available up to size 10. Pre-ordered uniforms will be available for collection and orders can be placed on the day.
- Last day for .50c icy poles at Recess
Monday 9 December
- Step up program (session 4 & 5)
Tuesday 10 December
- Year 7 orientation day at High school
- Year 6 pizza dinner at school 5-7pm – Details released via Compass
- 9am – 11.30am Prep 2020 transition
- Morrison Kleeman Colouring Competition closes – All entries must be submitted to the office by today.
- Step up program (all day)
Wednesday 11 December
- P&F meeting 7:30pm
- Whole School Swim Carnival – Details to be released via Compass
- NO ASSEMBLY due to special assembly last week.
Thursday 12 December
- Morrison Kleeman Colouring Competition Winners announced via email and social media Friday 13 December
- P & F Colour Run – Details released via Compass
Tuesday 17 December
- Year 1 extended Stay & Inquiry excursion – Details released via Compass
Wednesday 18 December
- Graduation (Yr 6 students) – Details released via Compass
- NO ASSEMBLY
Thursday 19 December
- End of year assembly to be held in the gym 9.30am
- Last day of school – 3:30pm dismissal
Thursday 30 January 2020
- Return to school for years 1 – 6
Friday January 31
- Preps Start School
Saturday 1 February 2020
- Price increase for school uniforms
Friday 14 February 2020
- School Photo day
Letters to Santa
One of Santa’s special mail boxes has popped up just outside Vicki Wards office at 718 Main Rd Eltham.
Children are welcome to post their letters to Santa here, and if they would like a reply please remember to include a return address.
Fresh Christmas Trees
Available from Greensborough Scouts (Willinda Park, Beatrix St, Greensborough or Para Rd, Cnr Maskell Cres) Saturdays & Sundays in December, 9.30am-4pm
Or pre-order online https://greensboroughscouts.org (delivery available)