Dear parents and carers,
Today, I have been in contact with the Department of Education and Training regarding the situation around coronavirus (COVID-19) and I advise that the MSPS fete will be going ahead on Sunday.
As health authorities are continuing to closely monitor the situation, the Department states that we should operate as normal until otherwise advised.
As a school, we will certainly encourage good hygiene practices while the fete is on and I have hired cleaners to specifically clean the toilets throughout the day. Additionally, we will have bottles of hand sanitiser everywhere and posters and announcements will be made reminding people of good practices.
MSPS community members are encouraged to act responsibly by not attending if:
- you feel unwell, or are showing symptoms such as runny nose, fever, cough, sore throat or breathing difficulties, and/or
- you have been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
If you have come into contact with someone who has the virus or you are concerned you may be infected, please call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.
Health experts advise the best way to protect yourself from coronavirus is to pay attention to good hand hygiene and good respiratory hygiene, by:
- Washing hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
Of course, the fete is an optional event and so if you are not comfortable attending, we understand. Our risk assessment suggests that we should go ahead as planned for this weekend. Any changes to the advice and I will provide an update.