Dear Year 2 Families,
We are all very excited for our trip to The Melbourne Aquarium tomorrow! During our cohort assembly yesterday, the Year 2 teachers and students discussed the plan for the day, the expectations and also answered any questions/concerns the students might have had. We thought it would be a good idea to share these with you also:
- Please try your hardest to have your child in their classroom by 8.45am, but no later than 9am as the buses are scheduled to leave between 9 – 9.10am and the teachers need to mark the roll before we leave the classroom
- Students will be responsible for their own bag. We suggest your child wears a bag that is easy to carry like a backpack or a shoulder bag (school bags are fine to bring)
- Please pack munch and crunch, lunch, a snack (we recommend a little more than usual) and a water bottle in your child’s bag
- Before we enter our guided tour of the Aquarium, students will be eating their munch and crunch and lunch outside. Given this, we recommend a rain coat.
- Snack will be eaten after our tour, before we get on the bus.
- We know that Fridays are a popular lunch-order day, please DO NOT order a lunch-order as your child will miss out on their lunch
- We suggest that your child does not bring any toys or valuables as we would hate to misplace these while on our excursion/on the bus
- At no point will students have access to the gift shop so please do not give them money to spend
- Buses are due to arrive back at MSPS at 3pm where students will return to their classrooms and will be dismissed at the regular time of 3.30pm. This is when students may like an extra snack item.
If you have any other questions/concerns, please get in contact with your child’s classroom teacher.
The Year 2 Team
Monique Rankin, Lori O’Neil, Trish Marmo, Keera Glass & Karah Hatzimihail